I have loved beauty products from a very young age. I remember my Grandma and Aunt would give me old Clinique and Estee Lauder makeup samples when I was little. Back then I loved playing and buying makeup but it was usually of the Bonne Bell variety. (Lipsmackers were my favorite!) Fast forward 20 years and I still love it. There is something so beautiful about eye shadow pallets, peachy pink blushes, and bright red lipsticks. The colors, the packaging, and the effects of make up are just so darn enjoyable!
I recently had a Sephora coupon (which are rare!) burning a hole in my pocket so I had to place a small order. I’m on the search for the perfect concealer. I had heard good things about the bareMinerals variety which also comes with some sort of blemish healing treatment. Conceal and heal? Sounded good to me!
I didn’t realize that it came with a little carrying case – how cute! Luckily I haven’t really had to use this yet (thank you skin!) but I tried the concealer and the color match seemed pretty good.
I don’t wear a lot of lipstick but I want to try to incorporate it a little more often into my routine. I’m always nervous that it is smudged, I have lipstick on my teeth, or it’s faded – well enough excuses. I’m going to just start wearing some everyday and see how it goes. I pretty much only own drugstore varieties so I thought it was high time for a little lipstick splurge. This set looked like a perfect place to start! Of course, as soon I opened the package I went and tried on every single color.
There were 6 different products in varying shades.
- Right off the bat I loved the Marc Jacobs Mini Lust for Lacquer in Kissability. It is a raspberry colored gloss.
- I also liked the Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil in Meritage. It was more of a matte consistency but the pencil was really easy to apply.
- The Buxom Mini Full On Lip Cream in White Russian was a nice light pink gloss but whoa – it was super minty!!!
- Nars Deluxe Orgasm Lip Gloss is a similar shade to the super popular Nars Orgasm blush. It has a really pretty gold shimmer that I think would look nice when I have a bit of a tan (from self-tanner of course!).
- Smashbox Be Legendary Gloss in Pout is a super pale gloss. It looked a little light on me but hopefully I can make it work by layering it over a brighter color.
- Urban Decay Mini Naked Revolution Lipstick was more a nude color. I’m not sure if it is the right nude for my skin tone but maybe I just need to use a lip pencil. I’m not sure??
I’m excited to see how this lipstick experiment goes!